A partnership takes (at least) two. Many of the studies of congregational partnerships focus almost entirely on one of the partners in a partnership. While there are understandable reasons to do so; we want to study the relationship. So, we are sending surveys to churches who meet the following criteria:
- The congregation has a relationship with another congregation as part of its missional engagement. Multi-site churches will be considered a “congregation,” but not a diocese, NGO, denomination, or mission agency. It must be a partnership between two local, “grass-roots” level entities.
- One of the congregations in the partnership is located in the continental United States.
- The non-US partner is able to communicate in English or Spanish.
- Leadership of both congregations formally recognize the partnership.
- The duration of the relationship is at least two years as of 3/31/19.